Blogger Layouts

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Chuy's




Another gem of a place I found in my travels in Texas is a Tex-Mex restaurant called Chuy's. This is definitely one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, although not exactly the "authentic" Mexican style.
They start you out with chips and salsa, and upon request, their Creamy Jalapeno sauce, which is awesome! It's almost like a ranch dip, but with a kick of jalapeno. I love this dip! If they were to bottle it, I would buy it. If you sit in the seat-yourself area of the restaurant by the bar, there is a chips and salsa "bar" where you can just go up as often as you like and get your own chips and choice of salsas and dips. The ones I have seen are in what looks like the trunk of a '57 Chevy.
Their entrees are all very good from what I have had. Below you will see one of my favorites, their Baja Tacos. You can get them with fried or grilled fish or shrimp, or a combination of two. I got the combination, and although both were good, their fish was a little better than their shrimp. All the sides are very tasty as well: the rice, re-fried beans, and even their fresh tortillas. I haven't had a bad meal here.
A couple of other things I like about this place is that it has a really friendly and light atmosphere, with palm trees and a Caribbean feel to it. Also I am always pleasantly surprised by the bill. Their prices are very good, most entrees under $10. The place is always very busy because it is so popular, but they have plenty of staff when I go, so as long as you can get seated, you get good service.
I highly recommend Chuy's if you're ever near one. It looks like most of their restaurants are in Texas, but some in Alabama, Kentucky, Indiana, and Tennessee.
Web site: http://www.chuys.com/ 
 

1 comment: