Blogger Layouts

Monday, September 26, 2011

Razzoo's




I was on my way back to Waco, Texas this morning from Denver via DFW airport, where I drive the rest of the way. I have said before that I time my arrival so I can hit lunch at Rudy's or Bone Daddy's in Arlington. Today I decided to try a Cajun place in the same area called Razzoo's. My brother had it last week when he was in the area, and I asked some of the locals about it. They all said it was awesome, so I was naturally intrigued.
I read mixed reviews online, with no specific meal recommendations, so I asked my waitress for the "best thing ever" on the menu. She said her favorite was the Stuff'd Fish, which is a Tilapia filet on top of  "shrimp and crap stuffing", topped with creamy crawfish butter sauce, all on a bed of rice. I got the half-order, which was plenty of food, and also because I started with some Fried Crawfish Tails, half-order of that as well. The crawfish tails were pretty good, a little heavily breaded in my opinion, and not the best I have had. The Cherry Mustard sauce they came with was pretty tasty, a little different from the usual cocktail sauce. The fries that came with the appetizer were actually really good. The spices were nice and tasty. As for the entree, I was very impressed. That was a really, really good dish. The waitress did well with her recommendation. The creamy crawfish butter sauce was awesome, tasting just like it sounds like. The shrimp and crab stuffing under the Tilapia was very good as well, and with the sauce on top, everything came together nicely. I would like to eat here again when I get the chance.
It looks like there are about fourteen of these restaurants, all but one located in Texas. The other one looks like it is in North Carolina. They have a lunch menu, which has good prices, all around $8. I ordered off the regular menu, but got half-orders of each item, and thought the price was good. Their dinner entrees are mostly under $15.
I recommend trying this place. I give it four stars with the possibility to go up later!
Web site: http://razzoos.com/
 


1 comment: