Blogger Layouts

Saturday, September 10, 2011

South Philly Cheese Steaks




Oh let me tell you about this place! I'm not from Philly but I know these cheese-steaks aren't what Philly natives would call "authentic". I wouldn't call these sandwiches the best "authentic" cheese-steaks I have had, but this is, hands down, the best cheese-steak I have ever had. Specifically, they have what they call the "Chubby". Laugh as you may, that's it's name. It is a cheese-steak with slices of Italian sausage added, as well as sweet peppers and jalapenos. All their sandwiches come in 8" or 12" sizes, and are reasonably priced. I have sampled some of their other sandwiches pictured below, such as the "Gobbler" which is like a Thanksgiving dinner all on one sandwich, and the "Kandy Steak", which is a cheese-steak with cream cheese added. That one was a but too intense for me. I also tried the "Santa Fe" which had green chili on it. I wasn't a big fan of that one. My favorite all time is the Chubby. I always add mustard to mine (as I do with all cheese-steaks). I also like a side of their onion rings, but beware, the only drawback of this (Englewood) location is that you should smell the ketchup before eating it. The manager seems to think that ketchup never goes rancid (he even told me so), which it does. If it smells like vinegar, try another bottle.
Website: http://yosouthphillycheesesteaks.com/

1 comment:

  1. Food that is named after what you look like when you eat too much of it is always the best tasting! The Chubby! Yes!

    ReplyDelete