Blogger Layouts

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Jack Stack Barbecue




After my critique of Arthur Bryant's barbecue in Kansas City, I was told there are other really good BBQ places in the Mid West. One of those places I was told is Jack Stack Barbecue. Being in the Kansas City area for family this weekend, I decided to try this out. It was actually the second time I have had Jack Stack, but I don't remember much about the first time. We got a few large portions for carry out this time. I have to say, I was really impressed this time. Kansas City BBQ is a bit different than what I am used to, being known for its sauces being tomato and molasses based, so on the sweet side. I really liked it, though. We got brisket, which was average as far as the meat taste alone. We also got the smoked pork, which I thought was amazing! The taste of the pork alone was excellent, and it was very tender and juicy. I liked Jack Stack original sauce on the meats. It didn't have very much of a "kick" like I prefer, but it was good. The beans on the side, however, were awesome! They were sweet, but very meaty with lots of pork mixed in. I say their beans are a must-try.
As for the restaurant itself, I remember dining in the first time I went here, and it was pleasant. The prices look comparable to other BBQ places. Overall, I give this BBQ four stars, and recommend it if you're in the Kansas City area. We went to the Overland Park location, but there are three others in the area.
Web site: http://www.jackstackbbq.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment