Blogger Layouts

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Smokestack BBQ




While in Kansas City, I was told by someone close to me, that their favorite BBQ was Smokestack. We decided to get some takeout from the one location left, of more than one that used to exist. We got the Roundup Platter for Two, which came with four meaty ribs, and our choice of three other smoked meats. We chose the brisket, the pork loin, and the turkey. The platter also came with beans, cole slaw, bread, pickles, and fries. It was a generous portion for a great price - about $27 for all of that.
I wasn't too impressed. It was average BBQ at best. The beans were tasty, Kansas City style sweet, but did have lots of meat in them. The brisket was above average, but the rest was pretty plain. I wasn't a big fan of the ribs. They were pretty dry and tough. We got a side of what I was told was their spicier sauce. I didn't think it had much of a kick at all, and the flavor wasn't anything extraordinary.
With all the other BBQ options in the Kansas City area, I wouldn't go here again. It's pretty good, but there are many better choices. I give it three stars, maybe two and a half.
Web site: http://www.smokestackbbq.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment