Blogger Layouts

Monday, October 24, 2011

Oklahoma Joe's Barbecue




Since I was in the Kansas City area trying various BBQ restaurants, a friend suggested I try Oklahoma Joe's Barbecue, that it was their favorite. I took the family for lunch, and we all split various platters so I could sample as many meats as possible. I tried their pulled pork, which I wasn't too impressed with. It wasn't very juicy or tasty by itself. I also tried the sliced turkey, which I thought was okay. It had a good flavor to it and was moist. Their brisket was better than average, though. I liked it a lot. It had a good flavor to it and was very juicy. I believe baked beans to be a staple of a BBQ meal, so I tried theirs. I wasn't too impressed. It was more like chili than BBQ beans, very thick and it lacked meat. It had a spice to it that was more like chili should have, not BBQ. The regular BBQ sauce was average, but I did like their hot BBQ sauce a lot, which they called "Night of the Living Barbecue Sauce". It had a nice kick to it and was quite tasty.
I have to say, this restaurant was not consistent to Kansas City style barbecue. It was closer to a Texas style, which I usually prefer. But this BBQ was just above average in my opinion. I probably wouldn't go again, given my other choices in the Kansas City area. It's worth trying though.The prices were average, and it was fast and friendly, a good lunch place for sure.
Web site: http://www.oklahomajoesbbq.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment