Blogger Layouts

Monday, September 12, 2011

Bone Daddy's House of Smoke




I travel to Waco, Texas quite often for work, via DFW Airport in Fort Worth, where I drive the rest of the way. On my drive to Waco, I usually time out a lunch time arrival at Bone Daddy's House of Smoke. This place caters to men, meaning it isn't exactly family-friendly. It's like a classier version of Hooters. The food is excellent as well: Texas-style barbeque platters, sandwiches, and even salads. I wouldn't say the food is the best BBQ I have had, but it is a contender. Their pit beans are really good, as are their rolls. I haven't had a bad meat here, and their ribs are some of the better ribs I have had. I try to objectively judge the food, but I know I am biased a bit by the treatment you receive. They keep the sauce in a warmer and bring the bottle to your table warm. After your meal you get a steam towel to clean up your face and fingers. And, again, the scenery isn't bad either. There are currently four locations: Three around the Dallas/ Fort Worth area (two of which I have been to), and one in Austin (which I have been to as well). They are all equally good, but the one in Arlington is the most convenient for me during my travels. Trust me, you have to check it out (guys)!
Web site: http://www.bonedaddys.com/

2 comments:

  1. Not sure "The Mrs" would be a big of a fan of my checking out the scenery, but the food sounds delicious!

    And "beautiful" or not, I think the service has EVERYTHING to do with how a restaurant should be rated. I love Texas Roadhouse's food, but will not be returning because the service the last TWO times has been downright disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I read about your bad experiences at the Roadhouse. Most unfortunate. That's my favorite steak house. Maybe it's just a bad one in the Springs?

    ReplyDelete