Blogger Layouts

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Woody's Pizza




My favorite pizza in Colorado is Woody's Wood Fired Pizza. There are four locations that I know of, but they seem to be not quite the same company. They are all almost the same, though. I used to live in Fort Collins, where there was a Woody's right by CSU campus that I went to a lot. Sadly, I read that this location closed on June 25, 2011 to make space for more student housing :-( What a shame! I have been to the one in Golden, which claims to be the original, and has been voted Best Pizza in Jefferson County. I have also been to the one off Quebec and Evans in Denver. There is another one in Arvada. All of them that I have been to offer an all-day pizza buffet, as well as a salad bar. The cooks are always happy to cook whatever pizza you request. My favorite is the buffalo chicken pizza. The location in Golden, however, usually puts crumbled bleu cheese on it, though, which I don't like. I just ask them to not put that on. I also love their artichoke pizza. The photo below features their California pizza (my second favorite), pepperoni and bacon pizza, and the Buffalo Chicken pizza from the Evans location in Denver. Stop by if you're in the area!
Web site (Arvada and Denver): http://www.restaurantonline.biz/wwwroot/woodys/indexs.php
Web site (Golden): http://www.woodysgolden.com/

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm ... we'll have to try that out. Have you had BeauJo's pizza? They are delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes BeauJo's is good. I only have been to the one in Idaho Springs though.

    ReplyDelete