Blogger Layouts

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Taqueria Jalisco




Clovis, New Mexico is a place I occasionally find myself in for work. Generally speaking the service at restaurants in this town is the worst you will ever experience. There are a few exceptions, though. Taqueria Jalisco is an authentic Mexican food restaurant located in downtown Clovis. I try to hit this restaurant every time I make a trip there. When the owner (I assume she is the owner) is there, the service is extraordinary. They bring you chips and some of the best salsa right away and the food is cooked fresh and very fast. I have had some lacking service when the "owner" isn't there. Every dish I have ordered there is wonderful, but especially the carnitas platter, which is fried shredded pork, served with rice, avocado, and Mexican salad. I also love the carne al pastor platter (second picture) which is similar to the carnitas platter except they marinate the carne in their red sauce, and it turns out very tasty and juicy. All their food is reasonably priced, usually platters under $10. I love this place!
Location: 217 W 7th St. Clovis, NM 88101 (575) 763-1865

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm ... authentic Mexican food is hard to find, but I bet in New Mexico it is VERY good. There was a restaurant here in Colorado Springs (El Nopal's) that was the BEST, but it disappeared one day ... I almost literally cried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be reviewing La Casita in the Springs some day. That was my favorite Mexican place down there.

    ReplyDelete